Monday 1 February 2010

TheTwitterverse

I was first introduced to Twitter by a fellow cabbie Karl, @londontaximan who had been "tweeting" since getting his new iPhone! He explained how it worked and thought that it would be a great way for Taxi drivers to keep in touch and share information whilst out working. I was intrigued but not having an iPhone posed a problem so I surfed the web looking for an application that would work on my Nokia N95 which I managed to find and hence I entered the World of Twitter.
I found it extremely hard to follow Twitter on the N95 so I took the plunge and upgarded to the iPhone, I installed a twitter application and away I went, twittering away to World!
A year has now passed since I first ventured into the World of Twitter and so much has emerged, the number of London Taxi drivers using it has increased dramatically and Karl's vision or it helping cabbies with the work could not have worked out better. Drivers now share information on where the work is, technical help and even a Taxi booking service for other Twitterer's.
Twitter has opened up a new avenue for Taxi drivers to communicate while out working in their cabs, Karl once said to me "its like having 50 mates to chat to while your out working the cab" and he is so right, on a quite day it can really take the boredom out of sitting on a taxi rank waiting for the next job. So i you havent yet experienced the World of Twitter go on ad give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment